Celtic Thunder announce Australian Legacy tour
International singing and touring powerhouse Celtic Thunder will be taking Australia by storm this May as they head down under to perform an all encompassing national tour.
- Music review: Willy Nelson and Merle Haggard
- Music review: Australian virtuoso guitarist Tommy Emmanuel
- Music review: Legendary jazz singer Nina Simone
Celtic Thunder’s Keith Harkin, Ryan Kelly, Emmet Cahill and Neil Byrne will be alongside special guest Damian McGinty, and all five will perform popular solo and ensemble numbers.
“I am really looking forward to my first Australian tour and my first visit Downunder. The boys keep telling me how beautiful it is and how warm and embracing the fans are,” said special guest Damian, an original member of Celtic Thunder who landed a recurring role (as “Rory Flanagan”) in the worldwide hit series Glee.
Since its inception, Celtic Thunder has thrilled audiences from all over the world with their signature vocal harmonies and ensemble productions
Backed by the amazing eight-piece Celtic Thunder Band on strings, guitars, percussion, whistles, pipes and more, their Legacy tour will feature an array of Celtic Thunder's most popular songs to date.
Classic favourites such as Emmet’s Danny Boy, Damian’s Buachaill on Eirne, Neil’s Noreen, Ryan’s Ride On, Keith’s The Mountains of Mourne, as well as contemporary classics Falling Slowly and Now We Are Free are guaranteed to have the audiences begging for more.
A beautiful rendition of Sound of Silence from their Mythology tour
They bring a new twist to an eclectic repertoire ranging from traditional Irish and folk music to adult contemporary, rock and classical crossover.
To coincide with the Legacy tour, Celtic Thunder’s new album titled Legacy, Volume 1 (CD and DVD), featuring all new recordings, is available online
Australian tour dates
- Thursday 5 May: Albany, Entertainment Centre
- Saturday 7 May: Perth, Perth Arena
- Sunday 8 May: Bunbury, Entertainment Centre*
- Tuesday 10 May: Hobart, Grand Chancellor
- Wednesday 11 May: Launceston, Princess Theatre*
- Friday 13 May: Melbourne, Margaret Court Arena
- Saturday 14 May: Adelaide, Adelaide Entertainment Centre Theatre
- Sunday 15 May: Geelong, Geelong Arena
- Tuesday 17 May: Albury, Albury Entertainment Centre*
- Thursday 19 May: Bendigo, Bendigo Stadium*
- Saturday 21 May: Canberra, Royal Theatre
- Sunday 22 May: Sydney, The Star Events Centre
- Wednesday 25 May: Newcastle, Civic Theatre
- Thursday May 26: Toowoomba Empire Theatre*
- Friday May 27: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
*Tickets available at the venue box office.
To book your tickets and for further tour information visit www.ticketek.com.au.
The competition to win tickets to the show has ended.
Do you enjoy celtic music?