Valentine’s quiz - how do you rate as a romantic movie lover?
Whether you spend it with your significant other or you have the couch all to yourself and your box of chocolates, Valentine's Day provides the perfect excuse to dig out those rom-coms, chick-flicks and weepy relationship dramas.
But just how addicted to love on screen are you?
To find out and to perhaps inspire your Valentine's Day movie choice, we've come up with the perfect way to test your soppy movie savvy.
Answer these 20 questions on romantic movies to find out how much you know about hearts and stars.
1. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are synonymous with 90s romantic movies, but how many did they star in together?
2. Julia Roberts plays a hooker named what in the classic 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman ?
3. 2004's The Notebook saw Rachel McAdams and which Hollywood heartthrob falling in love on and off screen?
A: Ryan Gosling
B: Ryan Reynolds
C: Ryan O'Neal
4. What fruit inspired Jennifer Grey's embarrassing first words to Patrick Swayze's character in 80s classic Dirty Dancing ?
A: A watermelon
B: A banana
C: An apple
5. Complete Rhett Butler's famous line to Scarlett O'Hara in the 1939 epic Gone with the Wind:
“Frankly my dear...
A: … I just need to go.”
B: … I love you.”
C: … I don't give a damn.”
6. Silver screen classic Casablanca featured a romance played out between Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. In which European country was Ingrid born?
7. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio starred in the epic love story, Titanic. But who sang ‘My Heart Will Go On’, the 1997 blockbuster movie's emotional theme song?
A: Celine Dion
B: Barbara Streisand
C: Britney Spears
8. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart had a love affair even hotter than that of their characters after meeting on the set of Twilight in 2009. In which year did their on/off relationship finally end for good?
9. Which new big screen love story sees Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone on song and heading for Oscar glory?
A: Ra Ra Girls
B: La La Land
C: Mamma Mia
10. Which food condiment formed the nickname for Richard Gere's character in classic 1982 date movie An Officer and a Gentleman ?
11. George Clooney's romp with Jennifer Lopez in which 1998 romantic drama was voted the sexiest in movie history in a recent poll?
B: Out of Sight
C: O Brother, Where Art Though?
12. Fifty Shades Darker is this year's steamy Valentine's Day date movie, but which international pop star plays Christian Grey's sister?
A: Kylie Minogue
C: Rita Ora
13. “People do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for real happiness.” Which 1961 classic movie does this quote come from?
A: My Fair Lady
B: The Apartment
C: Breakfast at Tiffany's
14. The late Heath Ledger starred in 2005 romantic drama Brokeback Mountain. Which Hollywood actor played his fellow cowboy and secret love interest?
A: Jake Gyllenhaal
B: Brad Pitt
C: Joseph Gordon Levitt
15. Which bleached blond Eighties rocker appeared and sang in the tear-jerking finale to soppy romantic comedy The Wedding Singer starring Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler?
A: Jon Bon Jovi
B: Eddie Van Halen
C: Billy Idol
16. Which recently deceased and much-missed Hollywood actress starred as Meg Ryan's best friend in the 1989 romantic comedy When Harry Met Sally ?
A: Carrie Fisher
B: Zsa Zsa Gabor
C: Elizabeth Taylor
17. A pair of oversized what played a big part in 2001 smash hit Bridget Jones's Diary ?
18. In the weepy and spooky 1990 movie Ghost, what is Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore's sweet way of answering each other's I love yous?
B: “I know”
19. Which language does Colin Firth's character learn in order to propose to his beautiful housekeeper in the perennial romantic movie Love Actually ?
20: Not an obvious Valentine's movie but Spider-Man swings into our quiz for a kiss voted one of the hottest in Hollywood history. What was so remarkable about Kirsten Dunst's smooch in the rain with Tobey McGuire's Spidey?
A: It was the longest on-screen kiss ever.
B: Tobey was hanging upside down.
C: Kirsten demanded a stand-in.
How did you rate?
15-20 score: Might as well face it, you're addicted to love! On a hot date or not, you're single minded when it comes to watching the ups and downs of a good love story play out, on or off screen. You weep at the sad parts and punch the air when the girl gets her guy just like a rom-com/drama king or queen should.
8-14 score: It's not a Valentine's Day disaster but you really need to plan a date with Pretty Woman or check if You've Got Mail soon because it's been too long. Stop watching reality TV and binge watch some chick flicks in time for the most romantic night of the year.
0-7 score: Whoever said romance is dead? Well, it might as well be for you because you've really not been paying attention have you? Either date movies are not your thing or you just have much better things to be getting on with while these movies are on.
What's your favourite rom-com?
(Feature image: When Harry Met Sally/Facebook, In-text images: Titanic Movie/Facebook, Ghost The Movie/Facebook)