Lyndey & Herbie’s Moveable Feast
A culinary road trip
Premiering on 7TWO from Saturday February 7th at 2.30pm, this exciting new show will promise to inspire and delight it’s viewers. Join home-cook hero Lyndey Milan and spice expert Ian 'Herbie' Hemphill on an unforgettable road trip.
Whether behind the wheel of classic Holden convertible Edna, in the kitchen or literally 'in the field', Lyndey and Herbie bring years of cooking experience and herb and spice expertise to the table.
“We follow the journey of food from farm to table observing not only the primary products and processes but the people. The majesty of Australia is our backdrop from the tropical north to the brown, open spaces of the west we encounter spectacular scenery and fascinating hospitable characters.” Lyndey Milan
For food and wine lovers - Episode highlights
- From bush tucker to talking turkey the pair discover the beauty of Byron Bay, eat local macadamias, collect coffee beans, and unwind at Olivia Newton John’s spectacular retreat, Gaia.
- On Queensland’s Sunshine Coast the focus is on agriculture, ballroom dancing and Wagyu beef and there’s an extended visit to the local snail farm.
- The Riverina food bowl in NSW serves up an eclectic mix of citrus, flavoursome capers, world class wineries and walnuts perfectly suited to Lyndey’s divine walnut cake.
- In the Hawkesbury the gastronomes trawl for prawns and dig in to fresh yabby tails right on the river then visit a farm for a side dish of micro herbs and salad leaves.
- Tasmania beckons in the final episode where gnocchi is served with nettles and the discovery of a native pepper makes for a chocolate brownie with real bite.
Don’t miss the debut, Lyndey and Herbie’s Moveable Feast premieres from Saturday February 7th at 2.30pm (8 episodes x 30 minutes)