Music review: Willy Nelson and Merle Haggard
Outlaw country legend Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard reunite for their latest musical project ‘Django and Jimmie’.
- Music review: Diana Krall - Wallflower
- Music review: Another Day, Another Time
- Music review: Chapter One - Ella Henderson
Willie sums up the duo's new collaboration by simply saying, "It's good music, I got a good feeling about it."
If you are a fan of these two great country artists, this is such an easy album to listen to. Here are three reasons to play it tonight!
- The title track from this album Django and Jimmie is about Django Reinhardt and Jimmie Rodgers. These artists were huge influences on Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson’s career and that is how it came about.
- There is a cheeky little track It’s All Going To Pot this song really needs no explanation, nor does the tribute to Johnny Cash Missing ol’ Johnny Cash written by Merle Haggard. Both are standouts.
- For those of you boomers who grew up on Bob Dylan these two iconic artists have created a unique version of the song Don’t Think Twice.
Cherie’s final verdict: “I cant give this album enough gold stars! It is filled with great musical moments, so if you love Willie Nelson and or Merle Haggard then Django and Jimmie is a must to add to your collection.”
What is your favourite music to listen to when you want to relax? Join the conversation below...