A Queensland mother has shared a desperate plea for parents to discuss the dangers of solvent abuse with their kids.

The emotional appeal comes after Sarah Nevins found her 16-year-old daughter Chloe lying in bushland without a pulse.

Chloe has been inhaling toxic fumes from a deodorant aerosol can with her boyfriend on June 1st when she went into cardiac arrest, cutting off the oxygen supply from her brain.

The concerned mum told The Courier Mail that her daughter was taken to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s hospital with a hypoxic brain injury, and remains confined to her hospital bed over a month later.

Sarah said, “I had no idea she was chroming, I didn’t even know that people did that.”

Chroming, more commonly known as solvent abuse, is when people try to get high by inhaling chemicals like paint, glue, petrol or other solvents.

Sarah said that paramedics performed CPR on Chloe for almost 30 minutes before she was admitted to the Brisbane hospital.

The mum posted a series of photos and videos of her unconscious child with a tracheostomy tube in her neck fighting for life.

“It’s upsetting because you’re looking at a wasted life,” she told The Courier Mail.

“Her quality of life is going to be severely impacted for the rest of her life.”

Sarah is hoping the shocking images of her daughter will prompt parents to their children about the dangers of chroming.

She is also campaigning for manufacturers to remove toxic ingredients from their aerosol products to prevent further issues of solvent abuse.

Image credits: Facebook

This article originally appeared on Over60.