Simple trick to remove tarnish from your silver
A tarnished piece of jewellery or cutlery can cause you to think that you need to call in the professional cleaners. But it’s actually quite simple to make your own homemade remedy to get rid of the black marks.
You will need:
- A glass dish
- Aluminium foil
- Baking soda
- Boil the kettle and pour 1 litre of it into a jug.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons of baking soda, stirring well to dissolve.
- Place a sheet of foil on the base of a glass dish and put the tarnished items directly on to the foil.
- Pour the water over the top of the silverware and leave for a few minutes.
- Rinse the items under some tap water and then wipe dry with a clean cloth to remove any stubborn marks.
Have you been able to salvage any favourite items using this method?
Article created in partnership with Over60