As Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid-19 for a second time, Buckingham Palace have expressed their concerns for the Queen.
Charles’ positive result was announced by Clarence House on Thursday evening, and confirmed the royal was isolating and had cancelled all upcoming events.
“HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible,” Clarence House said.
Clarence House went on to confirm that Prince Charles is triple vaccinated, but did not state the severity of his Covid symptoms.
This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.
HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.
— The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall (@ClarenceHouse) February 10, 2022
As news of his diagnosis arose, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Prince Charles had met with his mother Queen Elizabeth earlier this week.
The palace said Her Majesty is currently “not displaying any symptoms” but would continue to be monitored.
While it is unknown exactly when the royal met, Prince Charles performed a round of investitures at Windsor Castle on Tuesday, where the Queen had returned the day before from Sandringham.
Prince Charles’ Covid diagnosis comes just one day after he and Camilla attended a large gathering for the British Museum for the British Asian Trust, where they met with dozens of people including UK Treasury chief Rishi Sunak.
The Duchess of Cornwall tested negative Thursday morning and went ahead with a number of planned engagements, including a visit to a London community food hub.
This is the second time Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid, after he contracted the virus in March 2020 after having suffered “mild symptoms”.
Image: Getty Images
This article first appeared on OverSixty.