If you like cheesy pasta, then you will love cacio e pepe. The sauce is quick, cheap and requires fewer than five ingredients to make. To get the most authentic flavour, use sharp, high quality Pecorino Romano cheese and grate it finely.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 170g Grana Padano or Parmesan, grated
- 70g Pecorino, grated
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter on medium heat.
- Add black pepper and cook until toasted.
- Add your choice of cooked pasta and the remaining butter, and add the Grana Padano
- Remove from the stove and add the Pecorino, stirring until the sauce has covered the pasta.
Recipe and image courtesy of SavingSpot.