These simple but oh-so-delicious jam drops make the perfect treat for the whole family.
- 125 gram butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add vanilla essence and egg. Beat until combined.
3. Sift flour over mixture and add pinch of salt. Mix well.
4. Roll mixture into small balls and place on baking tray around five centimetres apart. Make a small indentation in the centre of each bowl and spoon half a teaspoon of jam in centre.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
This article was written in partnership with Over60.