Perfect isolation recipe: Jamie Oliver’s two-ingredient pasta
In these strange and unpredictable times, the one thing you can always rely on is a good Jamie Oliver recipe.
The beloved British chef knows how to make delicious, wholesome food, that’s usually achievable at home.
His new series on 10, Keep Cooking And Carry On, is serving up his best recipes with a self-isolation twist.
“Let’s celebrate freezer faves, big up the store cupboard and get creative with whatever we have on hand,” he says.
Not only should you tune in to his show for the great recipes using isolation pantry items, but you also have something to do during your time at home.
Here’s a recipe for you to try that only includes two ingredients – one of which is water.
“My easy homemade pasta recipe is great for emergencies. You don’t need a pasta machine, just a rolling pin.”
- 2 large handfuls of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
This recipe is so simple, it doesn't even require proper measurements.
- Put the flour in a bowl, then gradually mix in just enough water to bring it together into a ball of dough (if it's sticky, add a little extra flour).
- Knead for just a couple of minutes, or until smooth and shiny.
- On a flour-dusted surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the pasta to about 2mm thick.
- Dust it well with flour, then loosely roll it up. Use a sharp knife to slice it ½cm thick, then toss it with your hands to separate the strands.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and toss with your chosen sauce.
Jamie Oliver: Keep Cooking And Carry On is on Sunday's at 7.30 pm on Channel 10.