Trip Advisor's top 10 Australian destinations
Listing a country's top tourist destinations seems harmless enough and yet it can also cause much debate and controversy. TripAdvisor is discovering this after announcing the Top 10 Australian Destinations for 2015 as part of it's Traveller's Choice awards.
TripAdvisor – the popular travel review and forum site – said the Top 10 rankings were determined by an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions in 469 destinations worldwide on their websites, gathered over a 12-month period. Interestingly, Sydney, NSW was Australia’s No 1 and was also rated No 25 worldwide.
Here’s the Top 10 with TripAdvisor’s top recommendations on what to see and do (though some were only general):
1. Sydney (Royal Botanic Gardens, Shelly Beach, Art Gallery of NSW)
2. Melbourne (Royal Botanic Gardens, Great Ocean Road, State Library of Victoria)
3. Brisbane ( South Bank Parklands, Roma Street Parkland, Queensland Museum)
4. Cairns (as gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree National Park)
5. Port Douglas (Wildlife Habitat, Blue Dive, Agincourt Reef)
6. Hobart (Louisa’s Walk, Penitentiary Chapel, Mount Wellington)
7. Margaret River (for wine, surf, caves and forests)
8. Noosa (for surfing, canoeing, beach and Fraser Island)
9. Adelaide (for opals, Mt Lofty, Barossa wines)
10. Cessnock (Hunter Valley Boutique Wine Tours, Balloon Aloft, Hunter Valley Cadillacs)
Other Retirement Living articles you might want to read:
Do you agree with the Top 10 listed? How many of these places have you been to?