A bride who was left at the altar has revealed how her partner of 10 years said he was running late in an Uber and then failed to show up to the wedding.

Sasha Aristide, 29, said she has been left “in shock” after her partner Kevin Hyppolite, 30, bailed on their big day before they were meant to be married in front of 125 guests.

She spoke to Real Fix about the experience.

“I had no clue whatsoever that he was not planning to show up or having cold feet,” she explained.

“I spoke to him the night before, he literally said, “I love you I can’t wait to marry you.”

“We were talking the whole day. I realised at 2.30 pm and at that point I didn’t have any emotions. I was so numb and in shock.

“I felt like I was in a trance.”

The pair began planning the wedding after Kevin proposed in December 2017, but he got cold feet.

Sasha has the gift of hindsight, as she realised something wasn't right after an odd call from her florist.

“My florist called me and told me that the venue had not allowed her in to set up the flowers,” she explained.

“I called Kevin and he told me he was running late.

“I didn’t worry because the ceremony wasn’t until 5pm, with a drinks reception before.

“But then at 1.30pm, one of my bridesmaids told me that her brother had called the venue asking for the address and he had been told that there was no wedding scheduled for today.

“Alarm bells went off in my head.”

It was only after guests started arriving that Sasha was informed that the venue had not received the full payment for the wedding.

Despite her and her family's best efforts to track down Kevin, he couldn't be found and said his Uber was delayed.

“To the last minute, he said he was coming, he told me he was on his way.

“He kept lying the whole time.”

A couple of weeks after the wedding, Sasha revealed that Kevin had reached out to her.

“I had no intentions of getting back with him.

“Anyone who would do that to you definitely does not love you or care about you.

“I cut off all connections with him.”

Kevin admitted that he didn't show up to the wedding, but said “something personal” had happened which prevented him from attending.

“It wasn’t intentional, it wasn’t planned, it just happened that way.”

Sasha is now focusing on adjusting to life as a single woman and wants to start a family in the future.

This article originally appeared on Over60.