Avocado and macaroni and cheese
This one is a wholesome, warming treat of a meal.
300g macaroni noodles
¼ cup reduced fat cream
1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
1 avocado, diced
1. Cook 300g macaroni noodles in boiling water for 10–12 minutes.
2. Drain well and put into a large bowl.
3. Beat 1 egg, ¼ cup reduced fat cream and add to the pasta.
4. Stir through 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese and 1 diced avocado.
5. Spoon into baking dish.
6. Cook in 180ºC oven for 25–30 minutes, until golden.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Avocados.