Baba Ghanouj - Eggplant dip
If you're looking for a quick and easy dip for your afternoon snack, try this delicious smoky eggplant dip.
Recipe by: Julie Goodwin
Image by: Fire Dough
3 small or 2 medium eggplants
¼ cup tahini*
3 cloves garlic, peeled
Juice 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon salt
Olive oil, paprika, chopped parsley and chopped tomato to garnish
- To get the smoky flavour into the eggplants, sit them directly onto the gas burner on your cooktop. ( If you don’t have a gas cooktop, place the eggplants under a hot grill.)
- Turn the eggplant regularly, until all the skin is charred and the eggplant soft through. Place into a sink of water to cool. The skin will peel away easily from the flesh. Sit the flesh in a colander for a few minutes to drain.
- Place the eggplant in the bowl of a food processor with the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Blend thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. The end result will be smooth, creamy and incredibly flavourful.
- Place in the serving dish and garnish with olive oil, paprika, chopped flat leaf parsley and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with wedges of Lebanese bread.