Baked fish with tomato, mint + feta
Looking for a healthy new way to eat more fish? This tasty recipe gives a unique flavour burst!
Recipe by: Cassie White
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp capers
1 can diced tomatoes
2 white fish fillets
Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
1/3 cup low-fat feta or goats’ cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1 cup cooked brown rice and red quinoa
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. In an ovenproof pan, heat the oil then add the onion and cook for about five minutes. Now add the capers and olives and cook for another minute or so. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Gently simmer for a few minutes
3. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then add it to the tomato mixture and top with the goat/feta cheese.
4. Bake until the fish is cooked through; about 25-30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice/quinoa combo according to the packet instructions.
6. A few minutes before you take the fish out of the oven, steam the asparagus until cooked but still slightly crunchy. Put on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove the fish from the oven and top with fresh mint.
8. Serve with a side of asparagus and the brown rice/quinoa.