Braised beef short ribs with beans
Try this hearty slow-cooked beef to fill you up on a cold winter's night.
4 bone-in beef short ribs (about 800g)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
5 carrots, cut into short lengths, halved lengthways
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
325g cooked white beans (140g dried)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Position rack about 12cm from grill and preheat grill.
2. Place short ribs in a roasting tin and grill for 8–10 minutes until well browned on both sides.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C.
4. Add tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and rosemary, cover with foil and cook for 3 hours.
5. Stir in beans, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Using a fork, shred meat away from bones. Season to taste.
Image and recipe from One Pan Roasts by Molly Shuster, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00.