Broccolini prawn pad Thai
Make your own version of this classic Thai dish at home – whip it up in less than 15 minutes!
2 bunches broccolini, roughly chopped
200g packet pad Thai rice stick noodles
¼ cup fish sauce
2 tbs grated palm sugar or brown sugar
1 lime, juiced
2 tbs peanut oil
700g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbs pad Thai paste
3 green onions, thinly sliced
Bean sprouts, coriander leaves & fried shallots
Lime wedges to serve
1. Cook the noodles following the packet directions. Drain and cover to keep warm.
2. Combine the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice. Stir to dissolve the sugar then set aside.
3. Heat the wok over a high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat the surface. Add half the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute or until they turn pink. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining prawns.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and the broccolini to the hot wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water, cover and steam for 30 seconds. Remove to the plate with the prawns.
5. Add the remaining oil. Pour in the eggs. Cook, gently stirring for 1 minute, or until scrambled. Push to one side of the wok.
6. Add stir-fry paste and cook for 30 seconds. Return the broccolini and prawns to the wok with the noodles and fish sauce mixture. Stir-fry until combined and hot. Add the onions and stir fry for 30 seconds. Top with bean sprouts, coriander and fried shallots. Serve with lime.
For a chicken and broccolini pad Thai, replace the prawns with 600g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced.
Recipe by Perfection Fresh