Summer Mexican salad
Perfect for a sunshine-filled day, this salad is sure to delight your tastebuds with an added health-kick!
1 bunch broccolini, washed
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
3 flour tortillas
Olive oil spray
2 fresh corn cobs
1 carrot, grated
1 avocado, chopped
425g can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup pickled jalapenos, drained and roughly chopped
1 cup coriander leaves
¼ cup olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. With water clinging to the broccolini, place into a snap lock bag in a single layer. Microwave for 1 minute on high or 100% power. Carefully drain. Cut the tortillas into strips and spread over a large oven tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool, they will become crisp on cooling.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue plate on medium high. Spray the broccolini and corn with oil. Barbecue the broccolini for 3-4 minutes, turning until tender. Remove to a board. Barbecue the corn, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until lightly charred. Roughly chop the broccolini and cut the corn from the cobs.
3. To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
4. Just before serving, combine the broccolini, corn, carrot, avocado, black beans, jalapeno and coriander in a large bowl.
5. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter and spoon over the salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing. Top with tortilla strips. Serve.
Recipe by Perfection Fresh