Caffe Latte Mousse Cups
A delicious and easy to make mousse - with everyone's favourite: coffee!
1 tablespoon instant coffee
60ml boiling water
100g milk chocolate, chopped
600ml thickened (whipping) cream
10 (90ml capacity) espresso glasses
Coffee beans and cocoa powder
1. In a small bowl, stir the coffee and boiling water together until the coffee has dissolved. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Melt the milk chocolate with 60ml of the cream and stir to form a ganache.
3. Using an electric mixer, whip the remaining cream until soft peaks start to form. Be careful not to overwhip. Set aside and refrigerate half of the whipped cream.
4. Using a spatula and large sweeping motions, gently fold the ganache and cooled coffee into the remaining whipped cream, until combined.
5. Divide the mousse mixture among the espresso glasses, leaving a 1cm gap at the top of each glass. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Once the mousse is set, spoon the reserved whipped cream on top, filling to just below the rim of each glass.
7. Decorate the top of the mousse with a coffee bean and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Images and recipes from Sweet! Celebrations by Elise Strachan (Murdoch Books) RRP $39.99