Caramelised custard apple bruschetta
Try adding a delectable custard apple mix to lightly toasted bruschetta for a simple yet impressive breakfast dish or snack.
2 slices plain or walnut sourdough, sliced on the diagonal
80g low fat ricotta
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
½ cup custard apple flesh
1. Heat the grill. Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
2. In a small bowl combine the ricotta with the maple syrup or honey.
3. Spread this mixture over one side. Top with generous pieces of fresh custard apple.
4. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar, which is a mix 1 tablespoon sugar with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
5. Lower grill heat to moderate and cook until the sugar begins to turn golden and the bread is toasted around the edges.
Recipe courtesy of Custard Apples Australia.