In just 35 minutes, this hearty chicken pie will be ready to be served up, hot and fresh - it's sure to keep you warm this winter.
“Image and recipe reproduced with permission. © 2015 National Heart Foundation of Australia. For more healthy recipes visit www.heartfoundation.org.au/recipes or speak to the Heart Foundation’s Health Information Service on 1300 36 27 87.”
1 tbs olive oil*
460g skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat, cut into 5-cm strips*
200g mushrooms, sliced
250g can chicken soup*
1/2 cup frozen peas*
1/2 tbs low fat Greek-style yoghurt
Cracked black pepper, to season
1 bunch broccolini, stalks trimmed
1 1/2 sheets reduced fat puff pastry, thawed*
1/2 egg yolk, beaten*
Steamed vegetables or green salad, to serve
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
3. Heat remaining oil and sauté mushrooms for 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to pan with mushrooms; add soup, peas and Greek yoghurt.
Season with cracked pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat.
5. Transfer mixture to a pie dish approximately 28 cm x 21 cm.
6. Arrange broccolini on top of chicken filling.
7. Cover pie dish with puff-pastry sheets, cut a hole in the centre using a sharp knife and press down edges with the prongs of a fork.
8. Brush pastry surface with beaten egg yolk and cook in oven for 25 minutes.
9. Serve with extra steamed vegetables or salad.