Chicken stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, pesto and mozzarella with spicy cauliflower rice
Chicken with oozy mozzarella cheese is always going to be delicious, pair this with some spicy cauliflower rice and you have a match made in heaven.
2 skinless chicken breasts
8 sun dried tomatoes
2 tsp pesto
4 slices mozzarella
1 red onion finely sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
2 tsp Moroccan spice
½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
1 tsp tomato puree
Drizzle olive oil
8 cocktail sticks
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Trim any excess fat or skin off the chicken breast then lay it on its side. Cut a slit in the chicken creating a large pocket, then spread the pesto inside.
3. Fill the pocket with 4 sun dried tomatoes and 2 slices of mozzarella cheese.
4. Close the pocket and push 4 cocktail sticks through the gap sealing the ingredients in. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 mins.
5. To make the cauliflower rice, finely slice the head of the cauliflower, the finer you can cut it the better. If you aren’t confident to cut it fine use a cheese grater.
6. In a pan cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil then add the cauliflower rice along with the moroccan spice. Finish with a drizzle of water and a teaspoon of tomato puree and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat and fold in some fresh parsley.
7. Once your chicken is cooked remove the cocktail skewers then slice the chicken on an angle and place on top of the cauliflower rice. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Recipe courtesy of Richard Kerrigan, The Beach Life, Qualified Chef and Personal Trainer.