Choc-mint protein balls
These yummy chocolate balls will fill you up and provide a fun treat. Warning: they are addictive!
Gluten-free | Nut-free | Vegan
1/2 cup chocolate pea protein powder (recipe author used Proper Protein Pea Protein)
1/2 cup oat flour (or rolled oats processed into a powder)
1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
2 x 20ml tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
1/4 cup tahini
2 x 20ml tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup (or to taste)
1 drop pure peppermint oil (or peppermint essence to taste)
Extra unsweetened desiccated coconut for coating
1. Mix the protein powder, oat flour, desiccated coconut and cacao powder together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and add the almond milk (or water), tahini, melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup and peppermint oil. Mix everything together until well combined. Taste and add more rice malt syrup (and/or peppermint) if desired.
3. Roll the mixture into balls and coat in the extra desiccated coconut. Leave to set in the fridge. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze.
- If you are allergic to gluten, make sure you buy gluten-free oat flour or use gluten-free oats to make the oat flour. Oats may contain traces of gluten as they are commonly processed on the same equipment as wheat.
- You can use another plant-based protein powder as an alternative to chocolate pea protein powder