Chocolate cake in a mug
If you’re ever craving a baked treat for dessert, but can’t justify the time and effort to bake a whole cake or tray of brownies, a mug-sized cake for one could be the solution to your problems.
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
NOTE: You can mix this whole thing in your mug if you want to avoid washing up an extra bowl, but it will be easier to get rid of lumps in a bowl.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt, using a whisk.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil and mix until well combined.
- In a microwave-safe mug, cook the cake in your microwave for around 70 seconds on high (Note: a piece of paper towel underneath the mug will catch any overflow).
- Add a scoop of ice cream on top and serve right in the mug.
Article created in partnership with Over60