Clean spaghetti bolognese
This Clean Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is from the book Healthy Body by one of Australia's foremost personal trainers Sally Matterson.
For more information on how you can balance your hormones and shed fat for life read our review of Healthy Body.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 celery sticks, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
500g (1.1lb) beef mince
700g (1.5lb) bottle tomato passata
1/2 bunch broccolini, trimmed and each floret cut into 1 cm pieces
1/2 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off, each spear cut into 1 cm pieces
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
Salt (iodised or Himalayan)
Freshly cracked pepper
2 zucchinis, cut into thin strips or made into spaghetti
- Place the oil in a saucepan and add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onion is golden.
- Add mince and stir until browned.
- Stir in passata and simmer for 3 mins, then add broccolini and asparagus.
- Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Leave to simmer on low-medium heat for 15 mins.
- Just before you are ready to serve up, cook the zucchini spaghetti in the microwave for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Divide among four plates and top with bolognese sauce and basil leaves.
Macronutrients per serve
Protein 35.3g (1.2oz)
Fats 14.8g (0.5oz)
Carbs 14.5g (0.5oz)
You can make the bolognese a day ahead. Store in the fridge.