Crispy fish tacos with slaw and mango mayo
Spice up your next weeknight dinner with these fish tacos! They are irresistible by themselves, but adding mango mayonnaise throws an entirely new flavour experience into the mix.
There’s a hint of sweet mango amidst the expected tang of mayonnaise. Douse these tacos in a good squeeze of lemon
2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
1½ tbsp olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp Mexican spice mix
2 fillets ling, cut into strips
4 mini flour tortillas
½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
2 tbsp mango mayonnaise (we used Roza’s but you can substitute for normal mayonnaise or aioli)
1 long red chilli, finely sliced
1. Combine the red cabbage, half of the olive oil and the lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Combine the plain flour, Mexican spice mix and a pinch of salt in a plastic bag. Add the ling to the plastic bag and carefully toss to coat well.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the ling strips and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning or until golden and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat the mini flour tortillas in a microwave or sandwich press.
5. To serve, divide tortillas between plates. Top with the cabbage mixture, ling, coriander, mango mayonnaise and fresh long red chilli.
Recipe supplied by HelloFresh.