Fast Ed’s blueberry cheesecake doughnuts
Two of the world’s great desserts – cheesecake and doughnuts – collide in a powerful (and mouth-watering) way.
(Image © Pacific Magazines Australia)
Cooking oil spray, to grease
150g sour cream
100g unsalted butter, melted
2 free-range eggs
175g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
½ cup self-raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup frozen blueberries
250g block cream cheese, softened, chopped
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
½ cup blueberry jam
Juice of ½ lemon
1 punnet fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease three 6-hole-cup capacity doughnut tins with cooking oil spray.
2. Put sour cream, butter, eggs, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Sift flours and bicarb together. Add to wet mixture and beat until smooth. Mix in frozen blueberries, then spoon into tins. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden, then turn out on a wire rack to cool.
3. Combine cream cheese and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 5 minutes.
4. Warm jam and lemon juice in a small saucepan over a low heat, then remove from the heat and fold in fresh blueberries.
5. Pipe icing onto cakes, then top with blueberry syrup.
For more of Fast Ed’s recipes be sure to pick up a copy of the June issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, on sale now!