Gluten-free lemon ginger pancakes
A tasty twist on an all-time classic, try these delicious pancakes for breakfast, or anytime really. These pancakes are also gluten-free!
1½ cups gluten-free plain flour
1 tsp gluten substitute (xanthan gum or guar)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp salt
1½ cups buttermilk
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp of The Ginger People® Organic Crystallised Ginger, finely minced
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle
The Ginger People Organic Ginger Syrup, warmed up for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour with gluten substitute, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk with eggs, vanilla, zest, lemon juice, crystallised ginger and melted butter.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Heat nonstick skillet or griddle and brush lightly with melted butter. Scoop ¼-cup mounds of batter into skillet and spread into 7cm rounds.
5. Cook pancakes over moderate heat until golden on bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip each pancake and cook until fluffy and golden, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to plates and serve with the ginger syrup.
Recipe from The Ginger People. Image via iStock.com.