Gooey chocolate pots
“This is not diet food. Everyone needs a fabulous chocolate pudding recipe up their sleeve for a special occasion.” - Dr Xand van Tulleken
125g dark chocolate
125g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
35g self-raising flour
35g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
150g frozen mixed berries
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat, then set aside to cool.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and mix well. Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture into the bowl with the sugar and eggs and mix together. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix.
4. Divide the frozen berries between 6 ramekins and pour the chocolate mixture on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes until just set on top but still gooey in the middle.
6. Serve with cold cream, yogurt or ice cream.
This is an edited extract from How to Lose Weight Well by Dr Xand van Tulleken published by Quadrille RRP $24.99 and available in stores nationally.
Photographer: © Louise Hagger and Colin Bell