Heavenly bliss - chocolate & coconut balls
Recipe courtesy of Bounce Lifestyle, by Stephen Hamilton.
This reciped is made with Bounce All-in-one Super Protein Formula (rich Cacao) but can aslo be made with other types of chocolate flavoured protein powders. Even if you choose to use a vanilla flavoured protein powder this recipe will work just fine. You'll simply end up with Heavenly bliss - vanilla & coconut balls and we guarantee those will be very tasty too.
Why add protein?
A wholesome snack should have a combination of lean protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats as these macro nutrients work together to keep your energy levels stabilised. Dates are a great way of adding sweetness however you don’t want to overdo it as dates do have a high level of fructose so consider the bliss balls a heavenly little treat.
80g Bounce All-in-one Super Protein Formula (Rich Cacao)
20g Chia Seeds
80g Cacao nibs
80g Coconut Oil
40g Shredded Coconut
100g Almonds (activated)
100g Roasted Cashews
250g Medjool dates (pitted)
Pinch of sea salt
Shredded coconut (to coat)
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes
- Place the nuts and cacao nibs in a food processor and pulse on a slow speed for a course chop. Remove the nuts from the processor and place into a bowl
- Place all of the remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste. If the mixture is too try, add a little coconut oil to moisten. Place the mixture into a large bowl and fold in the nuts
- Spread the remaining shredded coconut onto a tray. Using damp hands, roll the cacao-nut mixture into 45 gram balls and roll in the shredded coconut until covered
- Place the balls on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour. To store, place in plastic, air tight container. The last for several weeks if kept in the refrigerator.