Hiramasa kingfish & petuna ocean trout ceviche
If you're cooking for a fancier audience, try this delicious seafood combination.
200g Hiramasa kingfish fillets
200g Petuna ocean trout fillets
50ml apple cider vinegar
75ml fresh lime juice
30g sea salt
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 pickled turmeric onions (pickled onions, fresh turmeric, turmeric powder and green chilli)
Black sesame seeds and baby coriander for garnish
1. Slice the fish fillets into your desired shape. Cubes or sashimi-style will work.
2. Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and lime juice (check the mixture for taste, as some apple cider vinegars can be sweeter than others) and spoon over cut fish. Leave for 10 minutes to quickly cure.
3. For the onions (this is the cheat version): take a standard jar of pickled onions and add 1 knob of fresh grated turmeric, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 sliced green chillies and add to the pickling liquor from inside the jar, then spoon over onions. Leave for 10-15 minutes and you're good to go.
4. Combine the rest of the ingredients and season with the same juice that has been curing the fish.
5. Place the fish on top of the salad/onions and garnish with sesame seeds and coriander.