Italian veal chops
If you're looking into the paleo diet then this recipe is perfect for you! Veal is a tender, less fatty choice of meat and the tomato, parsley and garlic Italian inspired sauce gives it an extra exotic flavour hit. Easily makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch. Serve with a side of salad.
4 veal chops (4-6oz each)
1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs coconut oil
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Season each veal chop with sea salt (optional), oregano and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add veal chops and brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Continue to cook until garlic begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until veal is tender (about 2 hours).