Kale, feta and pumpkin pie
Who doesn’t love a delicious pie? This feta delight is a hearty way to increase your vege and dairy intake. Too easy!
Recipe and image from the Dairy Kitchen.
300g (2 cups) peeled, cubed pumpkin (1cm x 1cm)
olive oil spray
1/4 bunch kale, shredded (3 cups)
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
100g feta, chopped
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
4 sheets filo pastry
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas), optional
- Spray pumpkin with olive oil and scatter over a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Bake at 220C for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Place kale in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water and microwave for 1 minute or until slightly wilted.
- Combine pumpkin, kale, spring onions, eggs, milk, feta and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Layer filo sheets in alternating pattern (lengthwise and widthwise), into a 1 litre baking dish, spraying between each layer with olive oil.
- Pour filling into pastry and fold over excess pastry to enclose pie.
- Spray with extra oil spray and top with pumpkin seeds. Bake at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and set.