Kale, white bean and fennel soup
This fresh and filling soup will hit the spot. It is good for you gourmet!
“With this veggie soup recipe, I’ve cracked the code on getting the most delicious flavours possible, marrying good for you with totally gourmet, and with the least amount of hands-on work.” - Robyn Youkilis, nutritionist
Recipe by Robyn Youkilis from Go With Your Gut - Get 20% OFF the RRP here
1 head fennel, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
60–120ml extra-virgin olive oil (60ml for a smaller head of fennel and kale, 120ml for larger veggies)
3 or 4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 × 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2–4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock, or bone broth
1 bunch fresh kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
Fresh lemon juice (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Add the fennel, onion, oil and garlic to a large soup pot.
2. Place over a medium–low heat and mix the vegetables to coat with oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
3. Add the beans and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in the broth and increase the heat to high.
5. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add the kale and up to 250ml water to cover the vegetables, if needed.
7. Simmer 5 minutes more, until kale is tender.
8. Serve bowls of hot soup with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of parsley if desired.