Leek & Potato Soup
A lusciously thick soup made all the better with lightly fried "leek chips".
4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 leeks, white part only, chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
½ cup sour cream
1. Place the potatoes and leeks into the slow cooker.
2. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
3. Pour over the stock plus 1/2 cup water and stir.
4. Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Cool for 10 minutes.
6. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
7. Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
Recipe and image from The Easiest Slow Cooker Book Ever! by Kim McCosker, RRP $24.99.
About the book
Best selling author Kim McCosker continues her quest to make life easier in the kitchen, with over 120 recipes for all taste buds and occasions. The Easiest Slow Cooker Book Ever! uses clever ideas to create beautiful winter warming comfort foods, ready for your return home at the end of a busy day. A collection of recipes including soups and stews, easy roasts, beef, lamb, entertaining ideas and desserts.
Undeniably convenient, slow cookers save endless hours in the kitchen, but where they really shine is the money they will save you and the marvellous meals they will make. The Easiest Slow Cooker Book Ever! provides families with simple recipes that are easy, economical and effortless.