Lemon yoghurt cake
This delicious, fragrant lemon yoghurt cake is so simple to make, and with no butter, it’s a little healthier than your average dessert. This recipe is so versatile – you can experiment with different flavours of yoghurt, or even different citrus fruits for flavour combinations.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Zest of two lemons
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the zest, oil, eggs and sugar with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased ring tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before turning out onto a serving plate.
Article created in partnership with Over60.