Mango and Passionfruit Tiramisu
This recipe is a fresh take on the ever so popular Italian dessert Tiramisu. You'll find that both mango and passionfruit go incredibly well with mascaporne cheese and Grand Mariner. Serve in individual glasses for instant wow factor.
Feature image: kitchen-sisters.blogspot.com
1 cup fresh passionfruit pulp (about 12 passionfruit)
2 cups thickened cream
3⁄4 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated lime or lemon rind
250 g mascaporne cheese
1/3 cup Grand Mariner liqueur
5 large fresh mangoes, sliced
2 cups orange juice
250 g savoiardi sponge finger biscuits
- Strain passionfruit pulp over a small bowl; reserve seeds and juice separately.
- Beat cream, icing sugar and rind with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in softened mascaporne and 2 teaspoons of Grand Mariner liqueur.
- Combine mango, passionfruit seeds and 2 teaspoons of the liqueur in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the orange juice, passionfruit juice and remaining liqueur.
- Soak the sponge fingers, one at a time, in mixture. Arrange over the base of serving dish.
- Top with the mascaporne mixture, cover with half the mangoes. Repeat with remaining sponge fingers, mascaporne mix and mangoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.