Moroccan lamb with asparagus couscous
This succulent lamb dish is a taste sensation!
Asparagus adds a delightful touch to the tasty veggie couscous while the luscious sliced spears add a burst of colour and flavour that marries beautifully with the lamb. For a vegetarian version, replace the lamb with grilled haloumi cheese.
8 thick-cut lamb cutlets or mid loin lamb chops
2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
350ml vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, sliced thinly
1 cup chopped pumpkin
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup fresh coriander leaves
Additional 1 bunch cooked asparagus to serve (see tip below)
1. Place cutlets and 1 tablespoon of the Moroccan seasoning in a plastic bag, shake to coat well and set aside.
2. Bring stock to the boil, add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Allow couscous to absorb stock and then use a fork to fluff up the grains.
3. Heat half of the oil in large pan over medium to high heat and panfry cutlets for 4 minutes each side. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil, onion and pumpkin to pan with remaining seasoning and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in couscous, asparagus and almonds and cook for a further 4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and fold coriander through.
5. Serve lamb on bed of couscous with cooked asparagus.
- Steam, roast or grill additional asparagus while you are cooking the Asparagus Couscous.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.