Pavlova with a twist
This innovative recipe for Pavlova is low-fuss and perfect to serve when you're having guests over for a Sunday BBQ or dinner - and as a bonus you can custom design each one to suit your own taste!
Served in a glass, in just under ten minutes you can have the perfect sweet snack, decorated with lucious berries. Multiply the below ingredients by the number of desserts you wish to create.
Recipe courtsey of deshabille.com.au
1 cup of crushed meringue shells (available from most supermarkets)
1 cup of mixed berries
¼ cup of thickened cream
¼ cup of chilled custard
1 scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt
Grated chocolate for garnishing (optional)
1 large chilled glass (stem-less wine glasses are perfect!)
- Place ½ cup of the crushed meringue at the bottom of the glass
- Poor chilled custard on top of the meringue
- Place ½ cup of meringue on top of the cream
- Scoop tickened cream over the second layer of meringue
- Place the assortment of berries or fruit on top of the custard layer to fill the remainder of the glass
- Garnish the glass with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt and sprinkle the top with grated chocolate if desired
- Served chilled with a spoon.
Why not mix up the recipe by adding your favourite summer fruits? Mango and kiwi-fruit can also make a tasty addition.
We want to feature your favourite pavlova recipes on our website!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe and images.