What better way to enjoy summer than with in-season fruits? Create this delectable cake topped with fresh peaches and drizzled with an oh-so sweet syrup.
250g butternut snap cookies
80g unsalted butter, melted
3 teaspoon powdered gelatine
500g cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
250ml thickened cream, whipped
6 yellow peaches, peeled, cored, 2 sliced to garnish
Sugar syrup, cooled (½ cup sugar, ½ cup water, boiled, then simmer to dissolve)
Optional: Whipped cream, and white chocolate curls, to serve
1. Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
2. In a food processor, place biscuits and pulse until fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse again to combine, then tip into prepared tin and press firmly into the base. Chill in the fridge until needed.
1. Place a small heat proof jug in a small saucepan of lightly simmering water.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of water, then sprinkle the gelatine into the jug. Stir to dissolve set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place cream cheese, vanilla and sugar into a stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add the cooled gelatine mix and beat to combine.
4. Gently fold in whipped cream.
5. Pour into prepared pan on top of the biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate until set. Minimum 4 hours to overnight.
6. In a medium bowl, puree or mash 2 peaches, add sugar syrup then set aside to infuse.
7. Place in a sieve over a bowl to strain, set drained syrup aside.
8. To assemble, remove cheesecake from the fridge, use the peaches to decorate, and drizzle with the syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Summerfruit Australia.