Pepper crusted beef
Who doesn’t love succulent roast beef with vegetables for dinner? Put everything in together for this succulent roast beef with vegetables.
Did you know that you can roast asparagus spears on top of your roast vegetables? Roasted asparagus has a lovely sweet nutty flavour and there’s one less saucepan to wash!
12 baby chat potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 x 500g piece eye fillet beef
2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
8-12 large cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc. Toss potatoes in 2 teaspoons of oil with a pinch of salt, and then transfer to a large roasting dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Toss asparagus and tomatoes in the same bowl, adding another teaspoon of the oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine pepper and salt on a dinner plate, and roll beef firmly in mixture to form a thin crust.
3. Heat remaining oil in a small pan and brown beef on all sides to seal crust. Remove from heat, place into a baking pan with potatoes and. Cook in preheated oven for a further 15 minutes.
4. Scatter asparagus spears and tomatoes over potatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove meat from pan and wrap in foil to rest for a few minutes.
5. Slice beef thickly and serve at once with the vegetables.
- For this recipe to be gluten-free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.