Pork and peanut tacos
Have a family gathering coming up but not sure what to serve? These tacos are the way to go.
600g pork mince
Pinch of salt
4 garlic cloves, chopped
50g onion, chopped
165g peanuts, shelled and toasted
320g roasted tomatoes
15g sesame seeds
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 corn tortillas
1. To cook the pork, add to a large pot and cover with the water ¾ of the pot.
2. Add a pinch of salt, garlic and onion. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour.
3. Strain the pork and place in a bowl reserving the broth.
4. To make the peanut sauce place peanuts, tomatoes, sesame seeds, salt and pepper into a blender and grind to a paste. You may need to scrape the sides with a plastic spatula once or twice so that all the ingredients are combined well.
5. Add the sauce and the pork to a frypan and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Heat tortillas in the oven for 1–2 minutes. Alternatively, heat a frypan and add the tortillas, one at a time. Cook for 1–2 minutes each side. Keep warm while you heat the rest of the tortillas.
7. Serve the pork with peanut sauce on the hot corn tortillas.
This recipe is an extract from Tacos by Ricardo A Del Castillo (New Holland Publishers, RRP $39.99), available from all good bookstores or online.