Rice paper rolls with persimmon
Try this delicious twist on the perfect light meal!
260g dried rice vermicelli
8 16cm round rice paper wrappers
8 medium butter lettuce leaves, washed
8 large cooked king prawns, peeled, de-veined and sliced in half lengthways
24 fresh mint leaves
1 small Fuyu (crisp) persimmon, sliced
1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
24 fresh coriander leaves
1 tbs Japanese rice vinegar
4 tbs hoisin sauce
1 tbs unsalted peanuts (or almonds), roughly chopped
1. Prepare rice vermicelli as per packet instructions, drain well.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients for dipping.
3. Place one rice sheet in warm water until just softened, remove from water and
place on a clean, damp tea towel.
4. Lay a lettuce leaf over the wrapper, top with two pieces of prawn horizontally,
three mint leaves, a little persimmon, cucumber, rice vermicelli and three coriander
5. Fold bottom of wrapper up over the filling, fold one side in, roll up tightly. Keep
rolls under damp cloth while preparing remaining ingredients.
6. Serve with dipping sauce
Recipe courtesy of Australian Persimmons.