Roasted honey pears with yoghurt
Perfect for a gourmet breakfast or a sophisticated brunch idea when friends are coming over. These delectable honey topped pears are sure to impress.
Recipe and image from the Diary Kitchen.
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup water
2 pears, cut into eighths
1/4 cup raisins
1 cinnamon stick
400g vanilla yoghurt (or natural if you prefer)
2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds, toasted
- Combine honey and water in a small roasting pan.
- Add pears, raisins and cinnamon. Cover pan tightly with foil and roast at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn the pears.
- Roast, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until pears are caramelised and tender, basting with syrup during cooking.
- Spoon yoghurt into serving bowls, top with warm pears and sprinkle almonds.
Apples make a wonderful substitute if pears are unavailable.