Salmon sushi bowls
Create this salmon sushi bowl for a fresh combination of flavours that are sure to get your mouth watering while you're cooking.
All the flavour of sushi is here, from vinegared rice to cucumber to salmon and wasabi. However, there's not a finnicky, messy step in sight
¾ cup jasmine rice, rinsed well
3 cups water, plus 2 tsp extra
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
2 tsp olive oil
2 fillets salmon
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp wasabi, to taste
1 carrot, peeled & diced
1 cucumber, diced
Handful coriander leaves
1. Place the jasmine rice and water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is soft. Drain. Return the rice to the saucepan.
2. Stir through the rice wine vinegar, salt-reduced soy sauce and black sesame seeds, reserving a few for the garnish.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium high heat. Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate for 1 minute to rest.
4. In a small jug or bowl combine the mayonnaise, wasabi and extra water.
5. To serve, divide the jasmine rice between bowls. Top with the diced carrot and cucumber and cooked salmon. Drizzle over the wasabi mayonnaise, remaining black sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Recipe supplied by HelloFresh.