Simple prawn and avocado salad
Making a simple prawn and advocado salad is an easy way to incorporate seafood in to your Christmas feast. You may want to add crayfish if you're after a meatier version. Homemade mayonnaise tops off this appetising entree or side.
1 kg cooked prawns
(plus bite-sized chunks of crayfish if including)
Mesclun - mixed lettuce
2 avocados, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1 cup good quality mayonnaise
(preferably home-made with eggs yolks left over from making pavlova)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
few drops Tabasco sauce
touch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shell and de-vein prawns.
- Peel and slice avocado and mix with lemon juice to avoid discolouration.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates.
- Combine the mayonnaise ingredients
- Top with prawns (and crayfish if using), then avocados, then spoon over the mayonnaise. Sprinkle with chives.