With a rich, creamy sauce and grated parmesan on top, this pasta dish is surprisingly simple to make but incredibly delicious.
- 200g spaghetti
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 100g bacon (or sliced pancetta)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50ml thickened cream
- 25g grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Herbs to garnish
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook your bacon/pancetta, stirring for two to three minutes until it begins to crisp. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and mix with a form.
- Drain the cooked pasta and return to the pot. Add the egg and cream mixture with the bacon and toss to combine (the heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and create a creamy sauce).
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan and your chosen herbs as garnish.
This article was written in partnership with Over60.