Spaghetti, zucchini flowers and ricotta
This is our version of a classic Italian flavour combination. If you can’t get zucchini flowers, use julienned zucchini instead.
200g zucchini flowers
150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
6 anchovy fillets
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
10g (¼ cup) finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
15g (¼ cup) chopped basil
200g ricotta cheese
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, separate the small zucchini from the flowers. Thinly slice the zucchini and tear the flowers into smaller pieces. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook for 1–2 minutes, without letting the garlic colour too much.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan along with the sliced zucchini, torn zucchini flowers, lemon zest, juice and herbs and toss well. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Divide among four plates, crumble the ricotta over the top and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
6. Serve with wedges of lemon to squeeze over.