Spicy Mexican mango salad
A delightful summer salad that combines both sweet and spice for a fun al fresco starter.
2 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
3 large corn cobs, husks removed
425g can black beans, drained, rinsed
200g Sweet Solanato™ tomatoes, halved
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
3 Calypso mangoes
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
Extra virgin olive oil
1. For chilli corn, combine oil, garlic and chilli. Brush evenly over corn cobs.
2. Preheat a barbecue grill plate over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until charred. Remove to a plate. Cool 5 minutes then cut corn kernels from cobs.
3. Combine corn, beans, tomatoes and capsicum in a large serving bowl.
4. Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Using a large spoon remove the mango fruit from the cheeks and cut into 2cm cubes. Combine in a bowl with coriander and chilli.
5. Spoon over corn mixture. Spoon over the lime juice, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season and top with coriander. Serve with corn chips.
Recipe courtesy of Calypso Mango.