Spring fruit salad with tangy coconut crème
This is a classic fruit salad with a unique twist - it is like a fruity coconut crème pie - and is absolutely delicious!
Be Well Week recipes developed by Bowel Cancer Australia nutritionist, Teresa Mitchell-Paterson.
- 3 mandarins, peeled, pith removed and chopped
- 1 ripe pawpaw or papaya, peeled and chopped
- ½ ripe pineapple, chopped
- Zest of 2 blood orange (use the zest of the blood oranges below)
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, pith removed and chopped
- Coconut cream
- 4 tbsp coconut syrup
- 6 mint leaves for decoration
1. Combine all chopped fruits in a large bowl
2. Add 4 tablespoons of coconut syrup and mix through the combined fruit
3. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge
4. Whip coconut crème to form stiff peaks
5. Gently fold through orange zest (leave 1 tbsp aside to sprinkle at end)
6. Serve cold topped with coconut crème and sprinkled with colourful orange zest and one mint leaf
Want to add more fibre? Add a tablespoon of roasted crushed nuts and seeds on top. Delicious!
Vegetarian and Vegan with 2-3 grams fibre per serve without nuts, 4-5 grams fibre with nuts.